BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, June 26, 2009

How to find your way out of the "woulds."


Some church members are hopelessly lost in the "woulds." I would go to Sunday School today, but I enjoy a little extra sleep on Sunday morning... I would take my children to Sunday School and Church, but Sunday is my only day off... I would teach a Sunday School class but my job doesn't leave time for that... I would witness to others about Christ, but I don't know what to say... I would give more to the church, but there's nothing left after paying the bills. The only way out of the "woulds" is to set you eyes on Christ and follow Him. He will show the way!
James 4:17 says, "Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin." i.e. it is sin to know what you ought to do and then not do it.
In this context, "to do good" is to take God into every aspect of our lives, to live in moment by moment dependence on Him. If we know we should do this, yet fail to do it, we are clearly sinning. Of course, the principle is of broader application. In any area of life, the opportunity "to do good" makes us responsible to do it. If we know what is right, we are under obligation to live up to that light. Failure "to do" so "is sin" against God, against our neighbors, and against ourselves. It is sin to doubt whether an action is right and yet go ahead and do it; it is also a sin to know what is right and yet not do it.
So my beloved, don't get lost in the "woulds."

0 comments: