BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Preach The Word


Today is a very special day for me. 25 years ago today I was ordained. I still recall that day in Cedar Springs, Georgia as my wife and I gathered around the altar as they "laid hands on me" and I was set apart for the ministry. My Father preached the ordination message and my brother gave the charge. I was presented with a Bible from Bro. Malcom Freeman (a deacon). Since that day, I have preached around 4,000 sermons. I've been blessed to have preached 67 Revivals in eight different states. My first pastorate was Cedar Springs Free Will Baptist Church in Cedar Springs, GA. I am grateful for those members who let me learn how to preach and pastor. They hold a very special place in my heart. I am thankful for all the places I have been privileged to pastor. I have pastored in Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina and North Carolina. I am indebted to my parents, Dr. and Mrs. Mance Cason for bringing me up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. I would not be where I am today without their wise counsel and guidance. I am also grateful for my wife. She has been a faithful companion. She's the best "preacher's wife" I know. She has prayed for me, encouraged me and supported me all these years. She has been faithful to follow my leadership and go where ever I felt like the Lord was leading us to go. I am thankful for my children. They have been good "preacher's kids." You know what they say about "preacher's kids." Well, they are they way they are because they played with the "deacons kids." I can honestly say that they have brought joy and not shame to my ministry. I have never heard them complain about being in the ministry.
Well, I could go on and on as my heart is full as I think back over these years. But, we press on! I pray that I will have another 25 years of ministry. However, I believe the Lord will return before then. I do want to say a word about my present ministry. In 2007 God called me to pastor White Oak Hill Free Will Baptist Church in Bailey, North Carolina. I am so honored to pastor this church. I've been blessed to be around some of the best Free Will Baptist people in the country and White Oak Hill is no exception. I love them and they love me. The Lord is blessing our ministry here and we are thankful the Lord called us here. It would be alright with me, if the Lord does tarry His coming, to "finish" my pastoral ministry right here with them.
However, since we don't know the day of the Lord's return and what His Will is for our lives "down the road," I must plod along. My only prayer is that I will remain faithful, faithful to Christ and faithful to His calling.
1 Timothy 1:12 And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;

0 comments: