BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Me and Mom - Mother's Day 2009


As you know, this past Sunday was Mother's Day and I had the wonderful privilege of being in church with my mother. We realized that we had not been together for a church service on mother's day in 26 years. Since I am a Pastor and she is a Pastor's wife, we've both had our places to be on mother's day. However, since daddy is now retired, they were able to come spend the day with us. I am so thankful for the opportunity to worship with her on such a special day. I am so grateful that God allowed me to be born into the family that I was born into. Psalm 61:5 says, "For thou, O God, hast heard my vows: thou hast given me the heritage of those that fear thy name." I praise the Lord for my family. I come from a Christian family. My grandparents were Christians and very active in the local Church. My parents are Christians and have given their lives to serve the Lord. My father has faithfully preached God's Word for more than 60 years. On July 12, 1957, God called a young lady from Southeast Georgia to be a preacher's wife. As a result of that union, God brought yours truly into this world. I can't imagine where I would be in life if it were not for my godly parents.
The Apostle Paul said to Timothy, "When I call to remembrance the unfeigned faith that is in thee, which dwelt first in thy grandmother Lois, and thy mother Eunice; and I am persuaded that in thee also." I'm not sure my faith has always been strong, but I can say that I have saving faith and that I have it because it was passed down from a godly grandmother, to a godly mother, and to her son. I am thankful to say, that faith has also been passed own to the generations that follows me. My children are Christians and are actively serving the Lord in our church. I have no doubt that my grandson will be a Christian too. Think about it, that's at least five generations! Wow! Praise the Lord! I am a blessed man.
Please don't misunderstand me. I'm not a Christian because my mother was or because my grandmother was. I am a Christian because I accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as my personal Savior. I realized that I was sinner and that I need to be saved.
I just wanted to take this opportunity to rejoice and to give praise to the Lord for my Christian heritage.
Mama, thank you for taking the time to come be with us in services last Sunday and thank you for being a faithful Christan mother, passing on to your children to example of faith. I love you!

0 comments: